

When I have to leave town on business, I usually take K W with me, like I did last year.
You know it feels kind of good to have my buddy coming with me to some exotic locale down south.
And he doesn't mind the stale air in the trunk.
Don't worry, after a good 300 mile ride, I'd let him out of the trunk.
Then I would clear out all the empty ThunderBird bottles and wipe the inside with a rag soaked in bleach.
Getting him back into the trunk takes a bottle of Night Train.
Now I don't have any air conditioning in the car because it's a late model.
By midday the sun makes the car reek. To be more accurate, the stink comes from the trunk.
When we'd finally make it to our destination, I usually give K W a good hour in the trunk while I checked in and also to help him climatise to the area outside.
If it works for goldfish, it's gonna work for him.
After about an hour and a few brown pops later, I would slowly open the trunk.
He would lay there snoring like a woman and I'd clutch a filthy handkerchief to my nostrils, lean over and poke him with a stick.
Once he was awake, I had to entertain him.
Now the motel that we were staying at last year, had a diner called Stella's Eats.
As we stumbled over, we could smell the deep fry coming from it's chimney. Once inside, I went straight to the restroom, undressed and went to the bathroom.
K W did the food ordering.
After drying my hair in the hands drier, I made my way out of the restroom and joined K W at a booth.
Gay.
He ordered finger food. No cutlery and all deep fried.
re: Hobo food.
A few radishes after the meal and my stomach was settled.
The best part of a radish is the sulfur fart you burp up afterwards. It can clear the room and offend yourself all at the same time. Think about that next time you...aww forget it.
The motel manager was as dim as a light shade. Whenever he finished a sentence I tried to fart. I got the odd one in but half the fun was trying.
K W was disgusted.
The sleeping arrangements were awkward and I still can't talk about it. But I'm glad to say, I'm making progress in therapy.
The morning brought hope, not entitlement.
Eye snot, made my eye lids hard to open. I slowly ripped them apart and took advantage of the situation. Getting up quickly, I realized I was fully dressed.
K W lay nude, sleeping and on his belly on the floor. I made my way to the car, got inside and peeled out backwards, while looking out in reverse. A few seconds later I felt then heard a loud thud on the car hood.
It was K W .
Stopping, I stared at him.
And him naked at me.
I wasn't going to shake him off easy that day.
Making peace with K W was not as simple as breaking bread with him.
Effort was involved and it was effort that I lacked.
But I made up for it in sarcasm.
So I belittled him.
El Fonzo Magnifico
Le Peuple de l'herbe - The Fall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FojTGILnT3w&feature=PlayList&p=ADE47FAAF12E0647&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=6